However, hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities are typically hostile RF environments, with lots of electrical devices, metal, and wireless interference. So vanilla-grade, sickly Wi-Fi just doesn't cut it.
That's why so many healthcare organizations everywhere are turning to ZoneFlex Smart Wireless LAN (WLAN) systems. They're the only Wi-Fi systems with long-range, directional beam forming and beam steering technology, plus advanced Smart Mesh Networking, enabling them to adapt to the interference-filled, in-flux RF environment of healthcare.
With ZoneFlex, healthcare organizations get a simple, yet full-featured wireless solution that enables:
- Better Wi-Fi coverage with fewer access points
- Consistent, reliable connectivity to doctors and nurses equipped with Voice over IP (VoIP) badges and phones, PDAs, laptops, and handheld tablet PCs.
- HIPAA compliance, through standard 802.1x, WPA (PSK) and WPA-2 (AES) security, plus automatic wireless setting and encryption key security
- Support for electronic medical records (EMR) software, for providing updated patient information, and reducing prescription and treatment errors
- Time-saving patient scheduling and forms completion, with access to billing and practice management applications from anywhere
- Less interference, through "eco-friendly" adaptive signal technology
- Central management with simplified network administration
- Outstanding cost-effectiveness
Interference avoidance for exceptional performance.
ZoneFlex utilizes BeamFlex, a smart Wi-Fi antenna system that directs transmit energy towards the best path to the receiving device. Unlike fixed-positioned directional antennas, BeamFlex dynamically configures and re-configures its "beam" to achieve full coverage. In addition, a BeamFlex antenna simultaneously boosts the RF signal both horizontally and vertically, in the direction of the client. This increases overall WLAN efficiency, as the 802.11n data network is operating as fast as possible, and transmissions of imaging technologies, such as X-rays and MRIs, are as short as possible. With BeamFlex, the true benefits of 802.11n MIMO technologies, such as multiple spatial streams, can be realized.
First-of-its-kind voice optimization.
Ruckus patent-pending SmartCast traffic engineering technology classifies, prioritizes, and optimizes multimedia traffic delivery over standard 802.11 Wi-Fi. SmartCast provides per-client, per-traffic-class QoS, so that every client and traffic flow (voice, video, data) is given the right prioritization. It also supports industry-standard Unscheduled Automatic Power Save Delivery (U-APSD), to conserve the battery power of voice clients. The Ruckus Mobility module eliminates erratic Wi-Fi behavior that drops voice calls and disrupts data transmission, through advanced L3 tunneling and key caching techniques when roaming across ZoneFlex 802.11g/n access points.
More ways to secure WLANs.
SmartSec is a unique collection of advanced security capabilities made simple to use. It includes enterprise-class 802.1x AES support, dynamic generation of pre-shared encryption keys, role-based user access, Layer 2/3 client isolation, robust link layer encryption, and wireless intrusion detection. The Ruckus Guest Pass solution simplifies setup and management of WLAN access for guests and other temporary users on ZoneDirector.