- Hotel staff can use mobile Wi-Fi devices to securely access reservation and administration tools for anywhere on the property, ensuring high levels of service
- Wireless point of sale (PoS) systems can allow staff to take orders for foods and other amenities at poolside and around the property
- Wireless voice communications between hotel employees can help keep everything running smoothly
- Handheld devices can be used to check-in guests at valet
- Hotels can offer Wi-Fi in guest rooms and common areas for free, or bundled in a communications package
- Guests can use Wi-Fi for their high definition audio and video devices, such as iPods or Slingboxes
For hotels that want faster, more reliable Wi-Fi services at a lower overall cost of ownership, ZoneFlex has become the gold standard. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Four Seasons Hotel and Resorts, Intercontinental Hotels Group and Marriott corp. are deploying Ruckus in hotels worldwide. In over 90% of the installs these hotels were able to reduce their original AP count by as much as 25% saving them significant amounts of money. It's the only Wi-Fi system for hotels that combines Smart Mesh Networking, directional, high-gain RF signal routing, and centralized management with 802.11n, for unprecedented coverage and performance at an affordable price.
ZoneFlex access points (APs) integrate BeamFlex, our patented smart antenna technology that focuses Wi-Fi signals only where they're needed. BeamFlex picks the best-performing path for Wi-Fi signals, constantly routing them around interference. It's just one reason why, in Ruckus-reliable hotels, complaints about wireless have dropped by 80 percent or more, as guests enjoy:
- Stronger Wi-Fi signals
- Ubiquitous coverage
- Better, more stable connections
- Consistent performance
Instant configuration and installation.
Unlike everything else out there, a Ruckus Smart Wireless LAN (WLAN) system configures in minutes, and can be installed in less than half the time—at half the cost. Pluggable APs without more cabling.
Ruckus SmartMesh technology lets hotels easily extend Wi-Fi signals, by simply plugging ZoneFlex meshing APs into power outlets. This reduces CAPEX/OPEX and speeds up the deployment process.
Only Ruckus Wi-Fi systems enable latency-sensitive applications, such as IP-based video, to be transmitted in real time. This ensures flicker-free video, crystal-clear voice, and the best Wi-Fi for new multimedia applications, including voice badges, digital signage, multimedia gaming services, and IPTV (streaming digital video).
Tiered Wi-Fi services.
Each Smart Wi-Fi AP supports up to eight discrete Wi-Fi networks, each of which can be configured with its own policies. User thresholds per SSID ensure fair access to the shared medium. The Ruckus Guest Pass solution simplifies WLAN access setup and management for guests and other temporary WLAN users on ZoneDirector. This lets hotels provide more goodies for their guests, including preferred access, higher-speed services, and application-specific network services.
Complete remote control.
ZoneFlex can be remotely managed, configured, and administered through FlexMaster, which provides powerful controls over both ZoneFlex WLANs and discrete ZoneFlex access points. With ZoneFlex, a hotel in Aruba can be configured from Zanzibar—or anywhere else